The Arts Ambassadors Programme is supported by the Whole Person Development Fund under the Centre of Development and Resources for Students (CEDARS), and co-organised by the University Museum and Art Gallery (UMAG) and the Cultural Management Office (CMO). It offers HKU students all-rounded immersion in arts and culture through workshops, experiential learning opportunities, and exposure to a diverse range of programmes in town.
What will you do?
– Lead guided tours for exhibitions and perform museum duties at UMAG
– Provide ushering services at HKU MUSE concerts
– Attend compulsory training sessions
– Enjoy cultural activities on and off campus for free
What will you attain?
– Learn how to be a docent and get up-close-and-personal with artworks
– Learn about concert etiquette for the audience
– Gain practical experience in communication and customer servicing
– Build up a network and connect with other arts enthusiasts
– Receive a certificate upon successful completion of the requirements
– Earn up to 2 credits for ‘Out-of-classroom Learning Experience’ on E-portfolio
– Receive free tickets to selected cultural events in Hong Kong
– Receive meals and transportation subsidies
What are the programme details?
– Period of engagement: September 2023–June 2024
– 4 compulsory training sessions will be conducted (2 times per semester, 1.5hr each time)
– Sign up for activities based on your availability
– ‘Out-of-classroom Learning Experience’ Credits [details: https://tl.hku.hk/out-of-class-credits/]: 20hrs a year = 1 credit; 50hrs a year = 2 credits
– Some activities may take place in the evenings and during weekends
Who are eligible?
– Current HKU undergraduate students with good communication skills in spoken and written English
– Students of all majors, including exchange students, are welcome to apply
– Interest or prior experience in visual or performing arts would be an advantage
When to apply?
– Application starts from August 2023
– Screening and training sessions will commence in September 2023
– Duties will be assigned according to preferences and slots availabilities
How to apply?
– Fill in the application form
– Email your latest transcript or public exam report to email@example.com. Transcripts can be unofficial but need to be legible.